Sunday, April 4, 2010

Dayelsford Day

Little Miss and I jumped in the car yesterday for the Daylesford Makers Market, which I hope to be part of soon! It was a great drive up, then I noticed more and more traffic as we got into Daylesford- the Farmer's Market was on the same day! probably the busiest day I've seen up there so far (locals may disagree heehee).
Anyway, we saw lots of friends- I'm cheating and sending you to Cam's post, too much hyperlinking for me! But I'll give her a little bit of free promo- Little Miss looking cute and blue (and black) eyed in a crown....

and excited in a chef's hat! Such great products, that Chickie has.


After saying hi to all, and seeing some great new products (no link yet for the girl that makes the resin bracelets with buttons and licorice all sorts inside them!) we headed down to the Daylesford Bazaar, and the the Mill Markets, which I hadn't heard of before (being new to Melbourne and all, haha).
I saw lots I liked- flying gulls for the wall were a bit above budget at $240!

As was this great retro office chair, there were 2 which would be great for Little Miss's desk and my sewing cabinet- but at $195 each, I'll keep looking!

The things I did get will be over at Flickr, and Flea Market Finds- so I don't double up and bore you folk too much!
The Mill Markets had a great cafe, just what you need after all that walking around, so an iced coffee and strawberry milkshake hit the spot- especially this cool spoon! A metal straw/spoon. Loved it. Want one.

A Happy Easter Sunday to you all- I like that it coincided with the end of Daylight Savings, so that the egg stash could be enjoyed in front of TV while mummy had a big sleep in- noice!



2 comments:

CurlyPops said...

Sounds like the perfect day out!

dorothybills..... said...

Looks like heaps of fun! Would love to get up there myself one day.

P.S You are a Pin Cushion winner, so just email me your postal address, hope to send next week x