Wednesday, February 23, 2011

I've left this title blank, as I don't know how to label it.

I'm sending out an appeal for offal- that's right, those yucky bits of your body we think are 'awful'! Well, guess what, to some, those body parts are life saving! Hearts, lungs, kidney, eyes etc. Why take them with you, now they are no longer working for you?

Even without knowing amazing people that will possibly need organs, I would be right behind this drive- as a Registered Nurse in Intensive Care, I was privileged enough to be with families making these decisions, and see the 'calm' that overcame them as they knew their loved one hadn't died in vain. That their loved one could help so many others.

I was pretty pumped 11 weeks ago when I gave blood- wow, I helped 3-4 people in 15mins? And I got food? The best thing I could do is give my organs that I don't need, that would, in some animals, get thrown in the bin, and give them to someone that needs them. And my child's. Why shouldn't she be able to help someone if, God forbid, I lost her.

But do you know the BEST thing about organ donation? It doesn't matter if you're black, white, green, purple, gay, straight, Christian, Muslim, Purple-People-eater- you would be very welcome, no matter where you end up!~

Head over here for more info!