Monday, June 13, 2011

Sewing projects from the Long Weekend

So, of course, in between kid wrangling, and a bit of hard core bathroom cleaning, endless
washing and food prep, I have managed a bit of sewing.
For a new baby girl Alana in Sydney, 3rd baby of my bestie I've known since Year 7 in
high school (ie 13!) a new quilt...


 my first go at a pinwheel quilt, inspired my by mate here.


with a vintage sheet backing, lucky I waited till I knew the sex!


 Also, a finished top of the Pips quilt....


And a sneak peek of the backing. Now to quilt it!


I've finished my 2nd project from the book. It was meant to be a test run, but I made sure I liked
the fabric, in case it worked....


and, of course, it did!


Posing near my broken table tennis table; to be repaired soon....



10 comments:

willywagtail said...

You have been a busy girl. I like all your colour combinations. Your little pup looks like he adores you too. Cherrie

Andi said...

What gorgeous stitchering!!
I especially love the Pips quilt ... of course!!

Sue said...

Your quilts are beautiful and I love the vintage sheet you used for the backing. I do hope your cutie pie recovers from the chicken pox soon, nothing worse than being itchy and sore. Your skirt looks amazing too, gorgeous on you Beck!

Tania said...

I like yer style, lady. I a now wise enough to understand that I am highly unlikely to make anything twice, so if the 'practise' run with yummy fabric doesn't work, well, bad luck!

Mistea said...

Looks like there has been a lot of sewing room activity - Well done.
Hope the girl is not too uncomfortable with the chicken pox.

Brianna said...

Gorgeous pips quilt, it makes me want to make one like that ;P love the pinwheels and skirt as well!

Nikki said...

Love ya work, lovey! Glad you liked your skirt, too.

nicole said...

hope little miss is feeling better with you and brianna keeping her company/putting her to work basting...
fabulous quilts!
you make them look so quick and easy!

Carly Findlay said...

Great skirt :)

Juddie said...

ooooh ... So pretty, all three!

I think you have magic hands, Bec - everything comes together so beautifully!