Thursday, March 27, 2014

Building my handmade wardrobe....

I've been trying a few new patterns out lately, mainly because they get sold at (good) ridiculously cheap prices at the Spotlight sales! But there are some good free patterns out there too I have been trying out.

I picked this one for all the styles;  I used some op shopped chambray as a muslin. They looked rather uninspiring on the wall....


But super comfy on! I'm going to 'teach myself' how to make the crotch line a bit higher, so they're not as baggy around the bum! But I feel pretty cool and comfy in these!


I teamed it up with a new tshirt- still love my Renfrews, but like to mix it up a bit! This free pattern is awesome!


I tried out the Hemlock Tee; this is a one size fits all free pattern from Grainline Studios. I have made a few other things from these patterns. This is my 2nd version, the first was so small, as I didnt print the pattern out properly! I would have liked this a bit looser, but it's super comfy, and I'll definietly make it again- so quick and easy!



I finally made a wrap dress-  I procrastinated long and hard, as I had 3 patterns to choose from. I used a $10 a metre cotton/lycra from Rathdowne Fabrics. I'm glad I went with Butterick B5454; it had no facings! and was a 'true' wrap, has cute pleats at the shoulders...and super comfy too boot! Which reminds me, I need to get new winter boots this year, which will be great with this dress!



I got a bit crazy with the pics- I had to take most of these pics on the same day, after work- I blame tiredness, and a cheeky photographer! 


 Oh, this is the ' no spillage' shot- it is one good wrap top! (Always photobombed by the dog)


And a few more of the Deer and Doe Plantain Shirt I mentioned at the top of the post- using up leftovers! The blue one has 2 slightly different colour navy's on the front and back; I figured only I will notice that! (And you now you're reading it). I added a pocket, as I didnt have enough navy for the sleeves, and they looked odd on their own!



The cat had to get in on the pics!




Ok, back to boring pics from now on!

2 comments:

Sally said...

Loving all your crazy pics. Can't believe I've never thought to look for free sewing patterns for adults... I've looked for my kids but not really searched much for me. Thanks for the recommendations. Been on the lookout for a good wrap pattern too.

You look wonderful in all ... You've got flare.

Zara said...

you've been busy at the sewing machine. The wrap dress is lovely.
it's cute that your pets sneak in, not wanting to miss out on the photo shoot.
x