So a few weeks ago I got hold of this lovely stretch fabric from Karen. Remember the Tova that didn't fit? Yep, we swapped!
It actually looks black, but is a dark navy.
I thought I'd try it with this pattern. I think I like it.
It is quite a thick knit, so I think a lighter knit would drape a little better. But this is super warm!
I finished it in the morning and wore it out that afternoon. Karen was there and snapped a pic!
I also made a few bags. I have left a job (and started at a new one, don't worry) and wanted to give a few of my fave colleagues a little something. Boy, it's hard finding something to make 6 of (I ended up keeping one teehee) that are quick and easy!
I went with this tutorial- and used up quite a few scraps!
The most fun was choosing the colour combos
and the linings! They look great, and were very well received! For anyone wanting to try it, do it- clear instructions, and only used fabric and batting. It stated fusible batting, but I joined my scraps together of cotton batting from quilts, spray basted them on, and then quilted around the patchwork squares to keep them in place. Once it was all sewn up the batting is in position!