I've been a bit inspired by this lovely lady and her top and dress sewing frenzy- I've been hanging to try the 2 tops she talks about!
So this is the 'Not Sorbetto top', actually a Simplicity 2938. I made it in a 16 with the normal size seam allowances, 5/8 inch. In a wearable muslin!
I then made it in the fabric I wanted, a vintage Ken Done doona cover. This one feels a bit tighter- maybe not as much stretch? Still cute!
I then went back and made a Sorbetto top. This was a 14, but I made the seam. allowances on the sides 1/4 inch.
AND I got my directional print (Hollie Hobbie) right!
The only thing I don't like about these 2 different patterns- the tops ended up too short, even though I only used a 1/4 inch hem. I like the length to sit on my hip, being short-waisted is a pain! There is bias binding around all the sleeves and the neck of the Sorbetto; the 'Not Sorbetto' has facings.
They both seem similar, but they are also really different. Not sure what ,y fave will be yet, hopefully will get some wear out of them!
I had a cheeky kid take the photos today.
Warning- don't trust them. I was asked to turn around so she could a shot of the back
of my top....grrrrr!!