Friday, January 25, 2013

New tops

 I thought I'd spare you all more white legs and bad posing...

I added to my 3 stretchy tops- some wovens. 

I've made this pattern before, and like it. But I think they are a tad short now, and a bit unstructured. I might need to play around with some darts or something.

I used a Lisette cotton voile, on the clearance table at Spotlight.
Vintage thrifted binding.

My girl calls this a 'Curlypops' top (she knows of Cam's fondness for orange and pink!)


I made a 2nd one in a Tana lawn, also on the clearance rack. I had to take the sides in a little on this one though.


 Then I made 2 Wiksten tanks- this, my new favourite fabric EVER! 'Summer chill voile' from Spotlight. There is just no fault with this pattern! I have seen a blogger I love has made the Wiksten tank with Grainline Scout sleeves- think I'm going to try that next, as the hemline and length are just perfect!



  and the first one I made (and last one I posted haha) is from a Japanese Seersucker (brown with turquoise spot) form- you guessed it, Spotlight!


Still gotta start making pants, but the satisfaction of more hand made than store
 bought is very high!


2 comments:

Lisa said...

Love that white and blue fabric!

CurlyPops said...

I spotted that Lisette fabric yesterday, but I was very good and left it behind!