Friday, January 25, 2013

New tops

 I thought I'd spare you all more white legs and bad posing...

I added to my 3 stretchy tops- some wovens. 

I've made this pattern before, and like it. But I think they are a tad short now, and a bit unstructured. I might need to play around with some darts or something.

I used a Lisette cotton voile, on the clearance table at Spotlight.
Vintage thrifted binding.

My girl calls this a 'Curlypops' top (she knows of Cam's fondness for orange and pink!)

I made a 2nd one in a Tana lawn, also on the clearance rack. I had to take the sides in a little on this one though.

 Then I made 2 Wiksten tanks- this, my new favourite fabric EVER! 'Summer chill voile' from Spotlight. There is just no fault with this pattern! I have seen a blogger I love has made the Wiksten tank with Grainline Scout sleeves- think I'm going to try that next, as the hemline and length are just perfect!

  and the first one I made (and last one I posted haha) is from a Japanese Seersucker (brown with turquoise spot) form- you guessed it, Spotlight!

Still gotta start making pants, but the satisfaction of more hand made than store
 bought is very high!


Lisa said...

Love that white and blue fabric!

CurlyPops said...

I spotted that Lisette fabric yesterday, but I was very good and left it behind!