Wednesday, November 25, 2009

A bit of sewing

I managed to a bit of sewing over the weekend, thanks for the rain! The rest of this week has been stuck in an ironing frenzy, I've left the sorting too long again...ugh. But here's the little bag I made for my friend who gave me Nonna's things.


The fabric was from her stash, and reminds me of Ikea print and Marrimekko, what do you think? I'm glad I have a bit left! It is a loose weave fabric, so in hindsight I should have added some wadding.








But she loved it! And said her husband would like it, being that it was made from his mum's fabric. Isn't it nice to make stuff for no reason?


I have also been challenged as an artist this week. Little Miss is making a farm animal book, and endless requests for a horse ended in this! (excuse the bad photo. It makes the horse look better!!) So far I've done a sheep as well, the pig was her own effort. I had a carrot rubbed out this morning, so I am refusing now based on artistic differences!!



By the way, she coloured it in (not me)!

5 comments:

Mistea said...

Whatever happened to those plastic animal templates we had as children?? Love the bag!!

Liesl said...

The bag is fantastic (love the print) ... and the horse is .... um ... well, horses are pretty hard to draw right?

At least you haven't been asked to draw a backhoe loader or a rubbish truck ... the usual requests here!

Andi said...

Gorgeous bag.
And her book is going to be very sweet.

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

The bag is stunning. Are you going to be making some for future markets?

Gina said...

I love that bag! The fabric is just terrific, but I love the design too... did you make it up yourself?