Thursday, January 29, 2009

All grown up!

Well, nearly. Still arguing that point. But I know, on this day of child care, that we are about to step off into possibly years and years of formal education. 15yrs and 2 post grad courses later, I never believe it stops after high school. I hope Little Miss does the same!
Self portrait
A treat before school starts

And why Mummy can't help herself!
As hard as starting school is, I have always looked forward to this part. And as nice as it is that everything is supplied in prep, it is also a bit of an anti climax. I know, I know, I may be mad, but hey, we $300 from the government to buy school supplies when they don't actually need much! Little Miss got packets of texta's and pencils for birthday and Xmas too, so I REALLY can't justify buying more. (Loving the bonus though, thanks!)
My favourite catalogues are
these, and when in the supermarket I am lingering over the back to school aisle in case there is anything she needs.
There is a treat for Little Miss when she gets home today, a brand new exercise book to do with as she wished, with funky covering. Now I feel better!

Maybe I need to go back to uni?





No comments: