Sunday, April 12, 2009

A bit of creating

I was inspired last night to interrupt my 3 or 4 projects on the go to finish another one, by this post. If only I had so many beautiful pieces of chenille! I've been meaning to fix up my old cushions for ages, this being a shot of some old ones I had made and did a dodgy job finishing them off....they never stayed shut!

So I got out some zips, and my purple chenille bedspread cutter, and made these up. Purposely matching the wall hanging, of course, never mind about the doona! I should of changed it to white, but nah, nothing too fancy here. Made a bit small, so they are nice and puffy.

I learnt how to change an over locker needle too- ouch!

Finished a little boy tee today, a bit scared as I am still Vliesofix-less, but I did OK I think. I used up the last scraps Of my Kokka astronaut print.

I needed something to keep the t-shirt part from puckering, and ironed on some interfacing onto the back. Now I think I know what that stabiliser stuff in machine embroidery is!

By the way, I finished this book recently, which I picked up in my op shop frenzy.
It's fantastic, I can't wait to get the other books by her now. I really want to see the movie, but may be disappointed- anyone done both?
Addit: as the Easter Bunny igonored me (again!) and I didn't want to take any of my little one's stash, the brownies are all gone......

1 comment:

CurlyPops said...

Great cushions and I really like your doona cover set too.
Those bent needles look very scary!