Saturday, October 16, 2010

Blogtoberfest '10 day 16 (and a half)

OK, last one, I promise! I couldn't resist, it looks so pretty. My all homemade bed linen! The bottom sheet- vintage flat sheet turned into a fitted sheet; doona covers and pillow cases, and of course, my quilt. Yummy!


I was thinking today how nice it is to company when I sew. Maybe people think I
get a lot done on my own; there's always an obstacle around here!


And in a Masterchef moment- YUMMO! Recipe from here; ingredients from here. No, I won't make an ad to go with it! I of course stuffed up and bought the pink tuna, but splurged and bought the Panko crumbs, the most used ingredient on that show, I think. Fancy! And I'm pretty lucky, the coleslaw was gobbled up too, she's got a good palate that kid.


And today she finished my friendship bracelet, which I now have to wear continuously.
And say 'best friends forever' a lot.

Cute!

5 comments:

Brianna said...

Bed linen looks fantastic Bec. The boy even agreed, and said I could make one for my bed! Just got to collect some more vintage sheets for it.
Well done with dinner, it looks fantastic.

Melanie said...

Oh they look fantastic Bec! I am not a collector of vintage sheets, but I always think they look great made up into contemporary projects. Yummy indeed! I agree, it's so nice to have company when sewing, it gives an added bit of motivation to 'get stuff done'.

Love the friendship bracelets - I hope my girl wants to stay my BFF for a good while yet :-)

Ps. Word verification = 'amilost'. Am I Lost? Crack up!

Sue said...

Wow your bed linen looks fabulous, and you finished it so quickly too. Are the crumbs fancy ones, I dont think I have taken much notice on MC, will have to see if they use them tomorrow night. How cute of your daugher to make you a friendship bracelet!

Kate said...

Love the bed linen - looke great Bec.

Angela said...

Wow, you made that! It is beautiful, one day maybe if Luka lets me I would like to get reacquainted with my sewing machine again.