Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Blogtoberfest '10 day 20

No photos today, guys, I'm letting the professionals take over.

err, at least they take their shots in the day, with a proper camera, anyway.

It's a little post about being grateful for all the amazing people I've met through blogging, who help build my confidence by asking me to make things for them! And loving them! And loving a surprise thing too!

Take my friend Ms Curlypops. She asked me to make these quilts a while ago, and I kept umming and ahhing, procrastinated, couldn't start- then I got to it, and made these! AND they love them. Can you believe how good the sizing is (to fit the toddler bed)? I didn't even mesaure them! Fluke! Unfortunately the twins only remember me from the night I babysat with Cam,. when I tried to get them bed- the fear in their faces when they saw me the other week will be with them a long time, I"m sure.

Ms Leni and Rose asked me to make this dress for her little one, which was awesome! I'd never have put these fabrics together, in fact, I probably couldn't afford to buy them either, so it was more fun than anything to make it for her. And the fact she likes it? Better than money (even though that does make my world go around haha).

Finally, my pen-ultimate surprise! After hearing her little one's name (Huckle), I knew I just HAD to find me some Richard Scarry fabric, and make him something. Oh, and because i've met her and like making baby things, and wanted to try out Kate's pattern! Great tutorial + great fabrics + a nice person to gift them too = happy chappy ME!

Hope you have a good read of my friend's blogs, if you haven't already. In fact, I've kind of dragged them into Blogtoberfest in a way, yay!

PS Someone is making something for me, well, for Little Miss, I can't wait to show you progress shots soon!

3 comments:

Andi said...

What a beautiful crafty community!!
Love it.
xx

CurlyPops said...

Ooooh what's she making?

Michelle said...

She loves that dress so much, she wanted to wear it to bed! Wouldn't take it off!