Monday, August 10, 2009

Market shots

I had a great time yesterday at Thread Den's inaugural handmade market. There is going to be another one, watch this space, or head over to there website and check out classes etc.
Here are some pics of my stand...taken from a 5 yr olds perspective, i guess.


There were kid activities, of course, face painting, jewellery and brooch making. Here is a great necklace with paper beads Little Miss made.

My friend Serena came and helped out at the stall, giving us both time to shop and craft! We became a big fan of the cross stitch brooch....

Unfortunately today I woke up with the old razor blades in the throat, my friend tonsillitis and I are well accquainted, having encountered each other about twice a year since childhood. So a quiet day was attempted with the boy. Some button play was a big hit!

6 comments:

Andi said...

Think it might be time to have those bad boys OUT???
I promise to make you some jelly and icecream!!
Feel better soon.
Andi

Anonymous said...

I didn't know that Thread Den had a market. Your quilts look lovely. Hope you are feeling better soon. xx

Jennie said...

I did such a flying tour of Thread Den that I didn't even spot you there! I was fixated on Cheeky Little Monsters' buttons.

Unknown said...

Poor thing ! Hope you get over it very quickly .

Jacinta said...

Looks like lots of fun - I have joined the mailing list now (thanks for the link) and so hopefully I'll see you at the next market.
I hope you are feeling better. Once the drugs kick in it's amazing how you better so quickly.

Cath said...

I am soooo spewing - i got there an hour late and missed the whole bloomin' thing. Gutted. Love the shots - she's done a great job