Saturday, January 23, 2010

My Place and Yours

Yay, I'm loving the theme this week from Vic, I've been meaning to blog about this for a while, now I have the kick up the bum I needed!
I read every day, and I too read every one's New Year's post/resolutions about reading more, as I was reading them my head was thinking was my usual advice when someone asks me 'how do you do it?'- live alone! (This is great as a response to most things, the other one being 'I don't do chores')
So, after reading all Patricia Cornwell's, and having the beejesus scared out of me by Val McDermid, my friend's recommended this author, and , oh, we have the whole series, do you want to borrow them? Great, I thought, I should finish them in a year- 2 months later I have 2 to go, the top 2.

I was pre-warned how scary and sick these are. Unfortunately, my prior reading has obviously pre-conditioned me, and these are more like rom-com with a touch of thriller (do you like my made up word? Or did someone beat me to it? It's romantic-comedy!) So enjoyable, though, that's why the little corner of Xmas books you can see on the left haven't been touched.

Head over here to see what else people are reading, I wonder if anyone else likes their thrillers really gory like me!

9 comments:

marian said...

wow i'm impressed with your reading speed..just the kinda inspiration i need to get me back on track!

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

Oh so impressed!! I am not a reader, have to force myself to read books well meaning people give me. Not very good at sitting still - can you tell?? How was the wedding, or more importantly, the showstopper flower girl?? Love Posie

Vic said...

I don't know what it is about someone called 'Karen Slaughter' writing such things, but I certainly steer clear of reading them!

I am impressed with the volume of you reads, that's a lot of Slaughter for one girl...! ;)

Thanks for playing along Bec!

Kate said...

Wow, you are speeding through those books. I can't say I've ever read any gory thrillers but I am curious.

Gypsy said...

Nope, I don't like them gory or scary!!! I like them cosy and warm and chatty, if you know what I mean. And I tell you, if I lived alone, I'd still be reading grown up books!

Nic said...

I read everyday too. I've already finished five books this year! Love to love books!

Cherie said...

Your 'Romcom' is genius. Yep I used to adore Scarpetta but they did get grizzley. Impressive reading. See you next week ;)

Jodie said...

I am a speed reader but i can't read any horro things - they haunt me !!!

Pam said...

Ooh my! That is a grand stack of books!! Mind you.......no higher than mine, of mags! haha. :^)