Friday, January 8, 2010

Op Shopping with the best- Part 1!

I was so jealous of Curlypops and SupaSel, I roped Cam into an op shopping expedition in Deer Park yesterday. Salvos, BSL and Macca's, ahhh, bliss.
We hit the Brotherhood first, the cheapest and the best, but I'll save that for later. Salvo's provided a few goodies, despite MASSIVE overpricing and a good rant to the manager (Cam kept disappearing on me, was I a bit loud maybe?).
I did gladly take home this Sunbeam Cafe Series blender, for $15 thankyouverymuch. I have a functional Braun one, but I am on a mission to make all my appliances the same brand- weird, but immensely satisfying- especially as most were op shopped or free!

I was also after some new work clothes, I'm a bit bored with what I've got at the moment. These 2 fit the bill- A Sussan shirt dress


and Cotton On shirt dress, needs leggings underneath or I'll be flashing a bit!


We also found this dress- or as the lady at the counter rudely told me 'it's a nightie!" (Well, you had it on the dress rack, der!).

Changing the lace to binding was easy, especially yummy honeycomb binding, couldn't find orange like I wanted, but the stash only has what is has. I put a little triangle under the armpits so the bodice doesn't squish me flat like a pancake. May not get cleavage from it, though, damn size 10 vintage!

Stay tuned for the madness that is...the jeans haul!

2 comments:

CurlyPops said...

I need to see you modelling the newly refashioned nighty (dress) with binding!

Liesl said...

I'm with CurlyPops, show us the refashion!

Great loot you found - nice work!!