Monday, October 22, 2012

Blogtoberfest Day 22


I just realised I hadn't shown an op shop[ score for a while. I don't get as much time to go anymore, and have to literally drive past one at the same time as having some spare change....which is rare!

I got lucky on a last minute decision to stop and go in- my girl's favourite series of books at the moment, which they have in classroom library as well, $1 each but an extra picture book- so a set of 8 books for the less than the price of 1! To say she was thrilled is an understatement!


I also stocked up on some zips for $4


 And was a bit excited to see this one. I have made a bag around a red stripey zip before, and can see where this one is heading!



5 comments:

ZippyZippy said...

Great score on those books,
I havve'nt been to the oppy's for a while, seeing as we have just had a garage sale, I should probably stay away

rachelmp said...

Bargains! Those books are a fantastic find. Kids books always seem to come in series and to get that many at once is a bonus.

Dianne said...

My eldest is seriously into Deltora quest at the moment. Nana gave him the hard-cover 6 books in one set for his birthday last year. He reads it in bed and is always beggging for one more chapter "cos this bit is really sad/serious/exciting...."

Karen said...

Score! Especially on the zips.

ARTwendy ... said...

i have always loved a stripey binding ... you may have to share her tricks one day!! ... awesome zip haul!