Even though my sew-jo will hopefully start to return on it's own, the weather has pushed me into action, and some new garments are needed! I figured the more I have cut out and prepped, the easier it is to sit down and sew! It's what's worked for me the past, anyway:)
So I'm making another one of these; well, 2 actually, the Tana lawn from Spotlight for a dress, and the apple seersucker for a tunic.
I also (finally) started to trace out this pattern- so many pieces! I'm tempted to make a muslin out of the shorts to check fit first, hard to tell how things will fit around your butt! Except I've just found this, good timing to read it before I start! And maybe join in :)
I also want to make view C in this pattern, some simple tops for work and the warmer weather. I've used this pattern before over here.
Is it just me, or this a massive (and unnecessary) selvedge?
And annoyed with the naughty pattern- it overestimated the amount of fabric by about half a metre!
I wanted to show my trick for transferring markings too. I'm sure lots of people already do this, or some other form. Many times I wouldn't transfer the markings, then as I was sewing the garment together, had to pull out the pattern piece for one little dot- that can make all the difference! So I started using my hole punch- a single hand held punch would be easier, but this works fine for me. (I take to bottom off, that catches the confetti, then I can see where to punch).
I usually half to fold the paper a bit, but then I have my dots done, to mark on the fabric, and more accurate than chalk etc. When I learnt at school we used thread to stitch the circle, this is so much easier!
Off to start sewing!