Monday, October 13, 2008

(Un) finished projects

Got my mojo back yesterday and hit the sewing machine, finished a few UFP's. Loved these tees I found, so turned them into more baby dresses/gowns (I have lots of friends up the duff). Pity is they turn out so cute i want to keep them!

Here's my favourite....
my friend gave me this tee to make her one for her friend, it's short sleeve as it was a girls short sleeve t- shirt, but figured it didn't matter as it was coming into summer
Cute little detail I left on the sleeve. Also didn't hem any edges, as it doesn't fray and it is the 'look' of the shirt.
Couldn't resist this one!
And i'm a big Mooks fan. As I said, trouble is me actually giving them away!
Have to make 2 pencil rolls fby the weekend for my sister-in-law to give as pressies, am using red as the main colour this time, already looking good!

And a get well soon message to my bro-in-law, who is having surgery for a kidney stone on Wed. Ow! Guys with kidney stones always get told the pain is equivalent to giving birth. Just what you want to hear. Get better soon!

5 comments:

Angie said...

great work.....you are going to love having an overlocker.
Just take some classes so you learn all the tricks. Also check out the libarary for this book

http://www.builtbywendy.com/onlineshop/cart.php?target=product&product_id=17145&category_id=303

I've heard good things about it

Angie said...

p.s. have you thought of sellling these on etsy?

bec said...

The pattern was from a blog post, so I don't think I can sell them, only give them to friends. Would love to, though.

laughing purple goldfish said...

love the POISON one... fab-oh!

Angie said...

do you still have the pattern or link? You're right....they would make great gifts!