I got stuck into the spring cleaning yesterday, the beautiful weather gave me lots of reasons too! And I got about to this little project.....
Armed with a curtain thingy I've had in the drawer for yonks, I set up a design wall, similar to what I used at Sewjourn. This of course has to be temporary as I rent.
I made teeny tiny holes in the wall (later thinking to use Command adhesive hooks, doh!)
and pinned a queen size flannelette sheet to the curtain line (I tore a bit off the edge of the sheet, there was no measuring in any part of this, though!)
I then layed out some pre-prepared blocks to see if it worked, and.....VOILA! It can be taken down and you wouldn't know it was there in between the quilt sessions.
Also on the weekend, I snapped this pic of my cat checking out the old iron on the bench! She had been sleeping on one of the chairs, but curiosity took over...I thought it was going to get hissed at! Hilarious!
Yes, that's the sexy new iron in the front, mmmm, Sunbeam! Lets see if this has any guts! It has auto-shut off, which is very important with my memory....(and I got it at the factory outlet, won't tell you what a bargain it was!)