Sunday, September 14, 2008

A good weekend

A great weekend, starting with a little domestic blitz/ bliss. That brown apron is amazing, the things I achieve wearing that, it's like a ' cone of silence' to ignore all other fun things to do instead of housely chores. Little Miss even brought it to my bedroom this morning to get me out of bed! My fun started Fri afternoon when I had the urge to use my beautiful toy I love the vintage ones aka http://3redbuttons.blogspot.com/2008/08/my-kitchen-maid.html (have tried the suggestions from fellow bloggers, but when I post it, the links don't work! Not sure what to do now....). But due to lack of finding a working vintage one I came across this at the Sunbeam outlet shop, this was sooooo reduced due to damaged box. Unfortunately I now have an addiction to red appliances and the Sunbeam outlet shop :) The best things was I was alone and got to lick the beaters myself, yum.

Finished my pencil rolls, a few glitches a 5 yr old wouldn't notice. The parents of the first recipient suggested selling some- can anyone tell me the rules? I know you can't sell anything from blog instrustions (which I totally respect) but what if the pattern came from a book, like the one I posted in an earlier blog? Mind you, 3 in a row is tiring....


After a date Fri night, I took Little Miss to a gymnastics birthday party, where she went crazy for 2 hrs. We went for breakfast Sunday morning to a yummy cafe, god, why don't I do that more often. She so happily let me read the paper and eat while she drew on a notepad I packed in my handbag, bliss. Then came a family dinner, where my little pink cake at the front made an appearance. Overshadowed by the Cheescake Shop DELICIOUS concoction, but the kids LOVED it, because it was pink. Aww.....
Loving listening to Johnny Cash right now, the 'Essential Collection'. Off to bed to rest up for
SAVERS 50% SALE TOMORROW
How exciting, haven't been to one yet, getting there early and (unfortunately taking 2 little ones, as I am babysitting) will do my best. Check out http://melb-opshopping.blogspot.com/ for great op shop bargains.

4 comments:

Bec said...

What a great appliance - I'm another one who is a complete sucker for red appliances!!! I can see why you're so inspired now :)

Angie said...

Ohhhhhh, a savers sale. I lived for a while in Red Hill & spent way to much time in the Frankanastan Savers....it always had loads of great fabric, vintage tablecloths, curtains. My Red Hill buddy is having a baby soon & I'm thinking of ways I can visit to smooch that new babe & visit Savers.....I'll be hitting you up for tips on other good Melb. op shops before I get there.

Love that red sunbeam.....my son broke the small bowl on mine tonight...I almost cried!

Pencil rolls....I've seen them for sale on etsy & ebay. I've been making rolls for anything long & narrow (ditched the patchwork bit....they go together really quickly then)...knitting needles, spanners...

bec said...

Yeah, next time I will use nice fabric inside, the cutting of the little strips was the longest bit!

bec said...
This comment has been removed by the author.