Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Day 4- Alpaca's!

One of our favourite animals is the alpaca; we got to meet some at the Royal Melbourne Show on Sunday!

This owner happily let us have a pat of.....


this week old baby! She was making the 'humming' noise they do, really odd! And their fur is 'dry', not lanolin-ey like a sheep.


Mum was very protective, of course, but also happy to let us gaze and admire....


bub decided to have a quick feed! (the midwife and mini-midwife were mighty impressed!)


there were soooo many to admire! Gorgeous animals!


The girl and I have been this alpacary a few months ago, Glenda is lovely and is so happy to take you on a walk to meet her animals. She has midwife-d most of their babies! I can't wait till we're up that way again soon to see more cutie patooties!

2 comments:

Karen said...

The alpaca blanket on the end of my bed is one of my very favourite things - so warm and snuggly - but that little guy is much cuter!

Michelle said...

I love Alpacas too! I went to an alpaca show a couple of years ago and boy, those guys were CUTE!