Sunday, May 10, 2009

A bit excited!

I can NOT believe the colour of these chenille pieces, as in the depth of colour. It dyes twice as much fabric and was originally only $5.99. The blue is called Denim Blue and the orange Sunshine Orange.


There is a packet of Sunshine Orange in this lot that is nowhere near that bright. I went back to Spotlight (sorry Cam, I had a good day there today, bummer) and nabbed a few more, $1.99 each. Maybe they are updating the packaging? Who knows, and more importantly, who cares? My white chenille stash inappropriate for any young child's garment or quilt is quickly being transformed. I also grabbed the whitening powder, to keep clothes 'white and bright', and run remover.

I had a lovely Mother's Day, with my beautiful girl giving me a stash
of loot- a frame I know exactly what picture to put in it, a pen and a bookmark! I may make it a bookmark for my Filofax, so I can look at it heaps.


We nipped into Bunnings where she coloured me another card (and scored a new packet of pencils). We both agreed it was a great day.


PS The car was not moving at the time of this picture. No Melways were harmed either.

2 comments:

CurlyPops said...

Ok next time, I'm sending you to Spotlight to get my supplies!
PS - Love that shade of orange

Jennie said...

Sounds like a lovely Mother's Day! This was my first Mother's Day and I spent the day looking after my bub and dong housework as hubby was throwing up all day. :-(

I'm new to craft blogging and found you through Vintage Ric-Rac. I've got a making-friends giveaway on my blog this week if you'd like to check it out. :-)