Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The Op Shop (or Part 2)

So I thought I better show what Vinnies Daylesford has to offer, and my new goodies to work with. I hit the jackpot with books- vintage, Christmas (very important to someone whose child reads them for 6 months of the year!), another ABC knitted toys, and "It Really Is A Big Country"- published in 1981, it tells of all the Australian Icons- The Big Pineapple, the Big Banana and The Big Jam Tin, and another 49 good ones, some of which don't even exist anymore. Ahh, Aussie culture at it's best!

I also got a lovely little sheer polka dot blouse (which my neighbour recognised as something she had in her wardrobe at some point), and a bag of leather scraps for $2


oh, did I say how MANY leather scraps? A lot. No idea what I'll do with them yet, but I'll hang onto them, I think. Now I'm kicking myself I didn't get the other 2 bags there- could have made a leather patchwork something!!

Also happening in our little back yard- a new garden that my neighbour has helped Little Miss create. Here she is helping plant a lavender bush (so she can make a wheat bag like the one we bought at Lark)


and jumping for joy! She has her own tomato bush, and some flowers in the middle. (Hope I don't kill them). Hope she remembers to water them!


No comments: