Monday, March 30, 2009

Patchworking...

I found these last night when I pulled out the box with my quilt pieces in it. I got them months ago at Threadbear in Castlemaine, not sure what I'd do with them, but loving them anyway. Have a project in mind, but have to finish my own quilt first!

And here is tonight's work. There are 8 of the big diamonds to attach together, after joining all the little f*&^%$s, and unpicking and restitching so the points are all perfect. My back hurts!! Luckily all the little pieces were cut out already, ie 2 yrs ago, so a bit was done. Unfortunately the pink and white stripe were nowhere near the shape needed, so I had to redo them.


It will look pretty impressive as the Prairie Star alone, bit scared about putting the squares in the corners! Hopefully I'll be doing that at Perle 8's Thursday night, people around who may be able to help me. Don't know what it is about me and patterns, I never go for easy, only advanced!

3 comments:

Cath said...

Oh the pain - at least it's for yourself and not some ingrate. You will be able to look and love to your heart's content once it's done. See you Thurs.

Mistea said...

that is looking amazing - I am sure you will be glad you unpicked at the end. Enjoy

Jacinta said...

Well you certianly didn't go for simple! And you are obviously a perfectionist... and it shows! Lovely work Bec.